New uniforms for Whistler Adaptive Sports Program
Created October  1, 2012 by Chelsey Walker
Funding Level$50k - $100k (< 2014)
Community SizeBetween 100 - 1,000
OverviewThe Whistler Adaptive Sports Program (Whistler Adaptive) is…
· Innovating and advancing adaptive winter and summer sports
· Changing lives through access to sport and recreation for all
· Building on over a decade of history as a Whistler-based society
· Operating a centre for learning and sports excellence
· Expanding for athletes at every level with sport programs for life
· Attracting a passionate group of volunteers and donors
Whistler Adaptive is committed to introducing as many individuals with a disability as possible to sport and recreation by breaking down the financial, physical and social barriers as well as creating skills that will lead to future employment within sport and beyond. To continue offering a range of seasonal, club level and competitive development programs at an affordable rate, Whistler Adaptive requires funding through the Aviva Community Fund for 180 volunteer, coach and instructor winter and summer uniforms.
Working hard in an outdoor environment on a year round basis can result in facing all kinds of inclement weather. Whistler Adaptive would like to purchase new, high quality uniforms that can stand up to the alpine environment in which we operate our sixteen sports.
As an individual that shares a passion for adaptive sport, you can support our need to replace our five year old uniforms and you can make a world of difference to our hard working volunteers, coaches and staff. Funding for this important initiative is essential to offer access to sport and recreation for all.