Essential Supply Kits for Pregnant Youth and Single Moms
Essential Supplies for Pregnant youth and single moms living in low income and high risk areas
Greater Toronto Area
November 19, 2012
More than 1,000
Overview:Startup essential supply baskets for pregnant youth and single moms ( age 27 and younger); living in low income and at risk neighborhoods within the GTA. A mobile unit that distributes baskets filled with essential supplies that pregnant youth and single moms will need for themselves and their babies, but cannot afford.
We will create a website in which pregnant youth and single moms can register to receive one of our baskets. The baskets will be delivered to individuals throughout the GTA weekly and bi-weekly, depending on individual needs.
Apart from the website we will be distributing the baskets in low income, high risk areas throughout the city, by way of food banks, community programs that focus on pregnant youth and single moms and a variety of religious organizations.
- What to expect when you’re expecting guide for pregnant youth and first time single moms
- Essential supplies needed for the early days of a newborn (diapers, wipes, blankets, clothing etc)
- Hospital bag checklist
- List of community programs single moms can utilize
- Coupons for future supplies a baby will need
- Step by step list of milestones a new mom can expect with her newborn, and how to deal with each milestone
The funding from the Aviva Community Fund Competition will go towards;
- Creating the website
- Advertising services throughout the city
- Transportation costs for running the mobile service
- Supplies needed for putting together the kits for the first year (approximately 1,000 plus kits)
o Each kit will cost roughly $30 to compile and deliver
After the first year we will rely on fundraisers, donations from the community, as well as different companies and suppliers to keep our mobile basket distribution running.
Discuss this idea:
Thank you for voting for Essential Supply Kits for Pregnant Youth and Single Moms .
You'll be able to vote for this idea again tomorrow. Until then, you can support this idea by sharing it with your contacts via the options below.
Like us on facebook
Vote any way you like. You can use the Aviva Community Fund website, Facebook, or do it from your mobile device. The choice is yours.
Thank you for your vote
You may vote once per day.
Show your continued support and vote again tomorrow