About the Competition
We're making a difference by supporting what matters most to Canadians, helping passionate people like you make positive change in their community.
Anyone registered on the Aviva Community Fund website can vote for ideas and help decide which ideas receive funding.
You'll have 15 votes for each of the three initial qualifying rounds. Then, you'll get another fifteen votes for the Semi-Finals. You can support many ideas or use them all for one idea, but you can only vote once a day for the same idea.
Canadian voters determine 92* (30* in each budget category) semi-finalists in three qualifying rounds of voting. A Semi-Final round of voting determines which 30* (ten in each budget category) will receive a minimum of $5,000. Finally, our judges will use the following criteria to determine who wins the Aviva Community Fund Grand Prizes:
- Likelihood of success
- Longevity and sustainability
- Submission quality
- Votes received
The $1,000,000 Aviva Community Fund is awarded through multiple prizes, giving your idea many chances to win.
- A minimum of six Aviva Community Fund Grand Prizes are awarded to ideas in the competition
- Up to $150,000 is awarded to a broker supported idea
- Up to $150,000 is awarded to a qualifying at-risk-youth idea
- $5,000 is awarded to each additional finalist idea
- Idea submissions run from Sept. 23th at noon until Nov. 25th at noon ET. See competition timing
- Voting proceeds:
- Round 1: from noon September 30th - noon October 14th ET
- Round 2: from noon October 21st - noon November 4th ET
- Round 3: from noon November 11th - noon November 25th ET
The $1,000,000 Aviva Community Fund will finance many ideas. First, the special At-Risk-Youth and Broker Competition prizes will be awarded. Then the Aviva Community Fund will finance at least one grand prize from each budget group:
- Small (up to $50K)
- Medium ($50K - $100K)
- Large ($100K - $150K)
After that, we'll fund additional finalists until all the money has been allocated.